Thursday 27 November 2008

Tam Lyn



With reference to the previous post- I've just found this on You Tube. Its from the Imagined Village; a version of the traditional folk ballad Tam Lyn by Benjamin Zephania. There is also a version of Cold Haily Windy Night from the same album. For those who are interested in these thing, the driving force behind the album is Simon Emerson, who is also the main man of Afro-Celt Sound System. Imagined Village also involved Paul Weller, Billy Bragg, Eliza Carthy, the Dhol Foundation amongst others.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Call me an old hippie, but I still prefer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN1AOamgrHk

Paul said...

Better still, call me a *young* hippie ...

David Petts said...

Ah nothing like a bit of Fairport. I shall simply call you a 'hippy of indeterminate age' and note my regret that you don't have a waist length beard (yet).